What does it do?
PhotoEffectPro is a simple app which isn’t focused on filters, but more on simple effects and basic editing functionality, including vignetting, brightness and contrast and rotation.
- Sharing options to your camera roll, via email, Twitter and Tumblr and although it would have been good to have a Facebook feature too, this is a pretty good mix.
- 16 effects including oil paint, illusion and vignetting that can be layered on top of one another.
- Some of the effects have their own options and intensity sliders built-in, which gives you more freedom over your images.
- An undo feature, which is really handy considering you can make so many different edits.
- A few different intensity sliders that let you control brightness, contrast and colour correction.
- A border tool, which allows you to specify the size as well as pick a custom colour.
- A handy help feature which explains all of the different buttons and tools in more depth, which is ideal for first time users.
- Some of the effects seem a little basic and although it’s not meant to be an app with lots of filters, it would have been more comprehensive to have included one or two.
- There are some great options for certain effects, but others can’t be tweaked which is a shame.
- Some of the effects take a LONG time to render, the oil paint effect is a good minute which is a bit irritating.
Do you need it?
There are some nice little features which I wish would be integrated into some other apps. However, it’s a very simple photo app for someone who wants a very basic editing and effects tool which lets them save their images to their social networks, but if you’re used to filters and plenty of freedom I’d recommend you get something more comprehensive as I imagine you’ll bore of Photo Effect very quickly.